The deck was already here but it didn’t have any railings and one end of it was quite high off the ground (the lot slopes). So, in order to make it safer and cozier, we put a railing up on about two-thirds of the deck. This project was on my future projects list. We can check that one off now. 🙂
The other thing I did was make new cushion covers for our existing furniture. The old fabric was a brown & rust stripe that went with our old house but not this one. I think the green goes much better with the blue house and all of the greenery in the yard. The white railings tie in with the white trim on the house. That’s another one off my list!